- biographical/author information available here
- likes to tell herself that things are impossible, then do them anyway, which feels better & more like a triumph than believing that "she can do anything" or more aptly, that "anything is doable"
- did many interviews for Motherest; two favorites are here and here
- has written at least one craft essay
- mother of two daughters
- wife of a very good man
- generally hungry
- ready to open a cozy, beautiful, welcoming, lively bookstore with this wonderful person who has perfect elocution ➡️
Laura Lilly Cotten
- grew up in Thomasville, Georgia, where her grandfather had a feed and seed store and hosted a coffee group most mornings
- undergrad in English from the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs. Get behind me, Saban.)
- lived and loved in Birmingham at Samford (MSE in Secondary English), Continental Bakery (barista and bagel-scorcher), the Westminster School at Oak Mountain (Medieval Humanities #GoKnights <3), and the Advent (mostly from the choir stalls)
- wrote at least one poem while in Birmingham
- currently lives in Ann Arbor, Michigan with her husband and cat
- found a home at Avid Bookshop while living in Athens, Georgia and believes that Birmingham could support and be supported by a community-oriented, program-rich bookstore-- at last!